Thursday, August 28, 2008

Lessons from a wise Man!

The body and mind are an amazing thing. I know that for me what has happened is not reality. Yes I have spent many hours by my dad's bedside, but it truly hasn't sunk in yet. I think that is how you are able to keep going in a time of concern. This morning, when I woke up, I felt like I had finally got an OK night sleep, however I also felt a heavy weight all over my body. I think that it's becoming more of a reality now.
I remember as a child when Craftsman caved in with weight of the winter snow. (Craftsman was the lumber yard that Dad and Mom had worked to build for 10 years at that point) I went over early in the morning to find my dad and mom standing in the snow. My father was crying and as a child this is the one of the first time's that I remember see him crying. I remember that he held me and told me something that he would tell me time and time again in my life and that was that"it's going to be alright". I remember him saying that and trying to feel that way.

Now my father raised 4 girls and as you know with 5 women in the house our home was always filled with emotion. ....and oh how many emotions there were..... One thing that he has always been great at, his coping mechanism, was that he has always been very grounded in reality. He could always help us see the light of day with any situation that we were facing.

So as I sit here and think of these two very valuable childhood lessons that he tought me...it's my turn to truly apply them.....

1-Its going to be alright
2- Stay grounded...don't go to worst-case senario

Thank you for you thought and prayer. I have turly never felt the Lord's Love and Strength more.