Wednesday, December 10, 2008
So Jed called today and said that he wanted to go and see lights and the Zoo tonight because he knew that I have been struggling with this. He said that might help me. That made me cry because it was so thoughtful. When i hung up Lillie said Mama I miss Papa too. (Every time i cry she says that,,,aw so cute:) but I told her that I was talking to Dada. She then went to the phone a picked it up as if he was still on the phone (which he wasn't) and said Dada you be sweet to Mama and don't make her cry! How cute is that.
So I found this tonight (While blog stocking, Thanks Adree) and thought this might help me as well!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping, not saving the plant here!
2. Real tree or artificial? REAL (everyone that has gone fake has tried this year to change my mind) However I love the tradition of going and cutting them down! Dad I will stay strong
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually we cut them Thanksgiving weekend, how ever this is Today.
4. When do you take the tree down? After New Years
5. Do you like Eggnog? Love it but you have to mix in milk to make it not as strong
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I remember the year we got Cabbage Patch dolls and thought that was so great.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My parents
8. Easiest person to buy for? Jed---He always has a list LOL (lets see if he really reads our blog)
9. Do you have a nativity scene? I wish that I did, I am going to get one!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail and scrapbook them!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Not the worst but my fave is Dad and Mom always get Superwash tokens!
12. Favorite Christmas movie? Elf
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually start in Oct but then get most of it on Black Friday
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No I am to much of a pack rat.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Coconut Cream Pie :( so now I will have to say the Prime rib mom makes Christmas Eve!
16. Lights on the tree? The more the better
17. Favorite Christmas song? Not sure I love a lot of them, I will have to think about that one
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Jed someday I think would like to go to GA but as for now I win and we stay in Heber
20. Angel on the tree top or Star? Lets me honest there is never really a normal top the way we cut trees. More Pic to come later
21. Open presents Christmas Eve or morning? PJ
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? figuring out what the kids would like the very most.
23. Favorite ornament? Lillie changed this one today, We bought a Princess Castle when I took it out of the bag she squealed and jumped she was so excited, I then told her we had to be very careful so we don't break it and she said, "Mama put it up high so i don't hurt it."
24. Favorite Christmas dinner? The wonderful dinner we have on Christmas Eve
25. Favorite Christmas cocktail? Diet Coke and Dr Pepper
26. What do you want for Christmas this year? My kids and husband to be happy!
27. What don't you want for Christmas this year? Stuff I don't need, I am trying to get back to basics which is hard for a pack rat!!!
28. What is something you have never done that you want to do for Christmas? Work in a Soup Kitchen of a Homeless shelter.
I am Tagging...
Lindsie, Angie, Audery, Chelsey, Rachel, Cammile, Sandra, Gramdma Girl, Deb, Mindy Probst (Mariessa, Katy, Emily & Shauna - if you had a blog:() and who ever else wants a little Christmas Spirit from memory lane.
You Are Mulan!
Strong and spirited. You're no one's girly girl; actually you are very determined person with a strong sense of self. Never let go of that! The only thing that equals your sense of self is your family, but the traditions of society can always be bent to protect something or someone you love.
Which Disney Princess Are You?
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
1- We did lunch on the day of his Birthday with present and food from Dairy Keen. What more could he ask for then lunch from DK.
2- That night we went to Dad and Mom's and had dinner, cake and ice cream and a movie in there Theater room.
3- This last weekend in St George we went to Jumping Jacks with the whole family. The kids had a great time. Then we went to the park and had pizza and cake again.
I think that he was a great success. I Love you Tobey and here is to many more Birthday and many more memories!!!!
As for my husband I am Thankful for....
1-He is a great Dad and Husband
2-He works hard to take care of us
3-He continues to trust and stand by me through this life adventure
As for Tobey I am Thankful for....
1-He is learning and growing so much
2- How mild mannerd and easy going he is
3- How he never gives up and just keep trying
As for Lillie I am Thankful for....
1- How she wanted to be so very independent
2- How she says and does the funniest thing, she can always make me laugh
3- She is very helpful with many things through out the day, which i always appreciate.
I love my Family and the Lord with all my heart.....I wouldn't have it any other way......because as we have all learned that is all that we have in the end!