Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Tag!

OK here is the deal, I am in a Christmas Funk, I think that there and many reasons for that but this is my favorite Holiday. We put up the tree today and that helped. This year we are doing Lighting and Princesses theme tree. Which by the way the kids loved.

So Jed called today and said that he wanted to go and see lights and the Zoo tonight because he knew that I have been struggling with this. He said that might help me. That made me cry because it was so thoughtful. When i hung up Lillie said Mama I miss Papa too. (Every time i cry she says that,,,aw so cute:) but I told her that I was talking to Dada. She then went to the phone a picked it up as if he was still on the phone (which he wasn't) and said Dada you be sweet to Mama and don't make her cry! How cute is that.

So I found this tonight (While blog stocking, Thanks Adree) and thought this might help me as well!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping, not saving the plant here!
2. Real tree or artificial? REAL (everyone that has gone fake has tried this year to change my mind) However I love the tradition of going and cutting them down! Dad I will stay strong
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually we cut them Thanksgiving weekend, how ever this is Today.
4. When do you take the tree down? After New Years
5. Do you like Eggnog? Love it but you have to mix in milk to make it not as strong
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I remember the year we got Cabbage Patch dolls and thought that was so great.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My parents
8. Easiest person to buy for? Jed---He always has a list LOL (lets see if he really reads our blog)
9. Do you have a nativity scene? I wish that I did, I am going to get one!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail and scrapbook them!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Not the worst but my fave is Dad and Mom always get Superwash tokens!
12. Favorite Christmas movie? Elf
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually start in Oct but then get most of it on Black Friday
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No I am to much of a pack rat.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Coconut Cream Pie :( so now I will have to say the Prime rib mom makes Christmas Eve!
16. Lights on the tree? The more the better
17. Favorite Christmas song? Not sure I love a lot of them, I will have to think about that one
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Jed someday I think would like to go to GA but as for now I win and we stay in Heber
20. Angel on the tree top or Star? Lets me honest there is never really a normal top the way we cut trees. More Pic to come later
21. Open presents Christmas Eve or morning? PJ
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? figuring out what the kids would like the very most.
23. Favorite ornament? Lillie changed this one today, We bought a Princess Castle when I took it out of the bag she squealed and jumped she was so excited, I then told her we had to be very careful so we don't break it and she said, "Mama put it up high so i don't hurt it."
24. Favorite Christmas dinner? The wonderful dinner we have on Christmas Eve
25. Favorite Christmas cocktail? Diet Coke and Dr Pepper
26. What do you want for Christmas this year? My kids and husband to be happy!
27. What don't you want for Christmas this year? Stuff I don't need, I am trying to get back to basics which is hard for a pack rat!!!
28. What is something you have never done that you want to do for Christmas? Work in a Soup Kitchen of a Homeless shelter.

I am Tagging...
Lindsie, Angie, Audery, Chelsey, Rachel, Cammile, Sandra, Gramdma Girl, Deb, Mindy Probst (Mariessa, Katy, Emily & Shauna - if you had a blog:() and who ever else wants a little Christmas Spirit from memory lane.